* All is well
* X-Amount of time goes by
* (X equals a few days, maybe a few weeks)
* Suddenly, My browser cannot connect to HTTPS (note the "S") websites
* My browser does properly connect to HTTP (no "S") websites
* I try a different browser
* Same behavior
* I Open A Command Line Window
* I can ping Google, ATT, BING, and apparently anybody who will respond
* Response is typically in the 16 to 35 millisecond range
The first time this happened, it was a highly confusing event. The second and third time qualify these as iterations of an entrenched process.
What I have tried:
I have no clue, nor do I have any idea of how to ask this question to a qualified search engine (Google and Bing both led me to turbo obfuscation)
This is hardly a fix, but it's the only thing I know how to do at this moment...
* Open Control Panel
* Search for Recovery
* Restore System Files And Settings; Look over the restore points
* Find a date and time when I sortta'kinda remember things were okay
* Click "Next"
* Click "Finish"
* Go do housework, make it perfect and pristine, and Hope the fix worked
* If not, repeat the process with a different restore point