Thanks I've run into a few problems and I've been delayed on releasing the Beta. Got a tooth that needs pulled and I've not been able to get it pulled until tomorrow because it was/is infected. I don't have much to do but have not been able to concentrate.
It asks me to create the database, which I select a folder (in my My Documents folder) and give it a name (WinHeist.db3), after hitting Create it gives the error: "An error occurred trying to create the DB" (with an Information icon ).
The application still opens, so if I click the options gear in the tool bar, I get an "Unhandled Exception" dialog with the error "The type initializer for WInHeist.DBAccess.MasterRepository" threw an exception. The location of this error is in the ConfigForm Initialize routine, when it calls MasterRepository.CategoryRepository, apparently you missed a check to see if a database actually exists before trying to get data from it.
I assume the second error is because of the inability to create the DB, if it isn't valid to run the program without a DB created, you should probably exit the program instead of allowing it to run.
Man today has been a real learning experience, is it Monday? I made a change to the Primary key of my site and I didn't realize that I needed to restart my site. I just changed hosts a few months back so am still learning abut some the idiosyncrasies with it.
1. Downloaded and saved the file. It ran after giving some warnings (IE said it wasn't a file people usually save, and Windows blocked it because it may be harmful, but I selected More Info which allowed me to "Run Anyway".
2. The installer ran, but said that .NET 3.5 was required and brought me to the Microsoft site.
3. Downloaded .NET 3.5 SP1 and installed.
4. Ran installer again, this time directly from the file and the Setup started. Setup completed adding a shortcut to the desktop. There is also a WinHeist category in the "Apps" section of the startup menu, although both links say "Shortcut to WinHeist", might want to change that to just say "WinHeist".
5. Ran program, asked me to create a database, which I was able to successfully accomplish this time. After creating the database the software ran, dialogs opened and no errors.
6. Help file still says V1, but I assume you haven't gotten that far. Also the version in the title bar (22.214.171.124) doesn't match your download version.
Thats about all I can see, let me know if you want me to try something specific.