I've inherited a legacy IIS 7.0 website (vb.net website, not an application) that was running against an MSSQL 2005 Database.
Recently we upgraded to MSSQL 2008 R2. Now, when users go to certain pages, we get a SQL Connection timeout error. Investigating, it says this can happen when datareaders are used and connections aren't properly closed. I tried adding try/catch/finally statements, but I can still get the error. I've also updated the SQL Client to use the same version on both the SQL server and the Web Server, to no avail.
I pull a netstat when the issue happens, and there's literally thousands of connections to the SQL server (from the Web Server).. based on the one page (trying) to load.
This particular page makes a simple call to populate an Org diagram. Fairly straight forward. But for some reason, the page has almost taken off without control and uses up all the available connections to the SQL server.
Any thoughts on how I might troubleshoot/resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!
I've found that when the database was upgraded from 2005 to 2008R2, some NULL columns were converted to columns with a 0 value..which then caused the stored procedure for the page to infinite loop and lock the connections (again.. not my code!). Any idea why that might have happened? Was the database not restored/converted properly?
There is the "wait an hour before trying again" - I suspect this is the old "turn it off, wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on" support trick: If it work, they think you're brilliant, if it doesn't, someone else will get the call when they call back...
The only instant messaging I do involves my middle finger.
English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.
You can make a script that will login for you automatically in the background... the connection is probably set up to log you off on purpose every so often (probably because they don't want people on 24/7).
Hi, I have a computer that run windows server 2003 as a member server. When it has a single network card, I could access the share resource on that computer. But when I add more 3 physical network card (it become multihome), I could not access share resource on this machine.
I can remote to this machine but I can't apply group policy on that machine or access any share resource.