|I didn't read the whole thing. First there was nothing new in it, yes they got an interview with the person guilty of running the project, but he was spewing the same BS google has been since they initially floated the idea a the clusterFLOCtrot a few years ago.
Anyone interviewing on this subject while not touching on the fact that we've got decades of research proving you can't actually anonymize large sets of user data or that despite all it's claims otherwise the spyware advertising complex can't actually deliver ads that are any more relevant than the sort that would go up on major network TV stations or mass market magazines.
Print advertisers who'd put ads for telescopes in my astronomy magazines have done a better job of serving me relevant ads than every internet advertiser on the face of the planet.
Whenever I'm forced to use a non-decrappified connection what I get are:
- 25% Gross out ads.
- 25% The same half dozen clickbait subjects they've been running for the last 20+ years.
- 25% Random mass market ads no better than what I'd get via mass market legacy advertising.
- 20% A single random company buying 100% of the non-bottom feeder (first 2 categories) slots for days or weeks at a time; spammerly on Youtube was exceptionally obnoxious at doing this.
- 4.99..% Being relentlessly stalked by a seller for a product that I'd either already bought, decided not to buy after looking at, or was only looking at because someone else asked for my thoughts.
- Once: Being relentlessly stalked by a reseller for a product that was on my "shortlist" (but since that list consisted of the 2 products at the performance tier by the 2 companies in the market, that's not saying much) where everyone was selling at (enforced???) MSRP. In this case stalkerco was rapidly excluded from being a potential seller.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?