We'll be covering how to create a chat application that will run on a website and windows phone that will have messages that delete themselves after a set amount of time from local storage and the database. This will cover a broad range of topics at a beginner level including databases, VM's, and the Window Phone API.
Here's what we'll be doing:
- We'll design a website for users to be able to send chats to other web and mobile users.
- Using SQL we'll setup a friends list, and system event logging.
- We'll be creating a web service to sit on a VM to coordinate the send/receive of the text messages
- And of course, we'll be building the user interface on the phone itself
Points of Interest
Azure will greatly benefit me by handling user authentication and authorization as well as push out user notifications to the phone. This will cut down on development time since I know that security will be done through Azure.
- 4/30/2013 - Submitted article to contest.
This member has not yet provided a Biography. Assume it's interesting and varied, and probably something to do with programming.