"Useful Managers" (UM) is an add-in for Microsoft Visual C++. It is a collection of functions which are not implemented by
Microsoft but exist in other tools, or that can decrease the workload for developers. It was made to simplify my own work and
the work of my friends. I think it can be useful to other people too.
The UM add-in is provided for free, with full source code.
- Tags, File, Project Manager.
- Find tags, using regular expressions.
- Save diagram of classes as a picture to a file.
- Push, Pop bookmarks.
- Remember the bookmarks set in a file and re-sets them back if the file is opened later in MSDEV.
- Bookmarks Manager.
- Windows Manager (with explorer-like menu).
- Sessions Manager.
- Favourites Manager.
- Building only needed projects.
- Save files when switching tasks.
- Auto inserting necessary headers.
- Save MSDEV settings.
- and much more...
- That's all only in 85K dll
These screenshots explain features:
The code demonstrates the following techniques:
- Many (nearly all) techniques that are used in other add-ins on codeproject.com
- Expansive using of STL, MFC and WTL
- Providing set of iterators to manipulate MSDEV DocIterator,
ProjectIterator and others.
- Using lexer grammar.
- Abstract class and implementation for redirecting child process's STDOUT and STDIN.
- Using Thread, Timers and critical sections.
- Changing dialogs at run-time.
- Adding buttons with tooltips to a window caption.
- Using OCX controls.
I am sorry I can't enumerate all the classes here and show how to use them, but I'll answer any questions anybody
has about my classes.
Make sure to check out the my web site which is more likely to have updates and betas:
Mike has been programming in C/C++ for 11 years and Visual C++/MFC for 4 years. His background includes pure and applied mathematics, engineering and physics, and he is currently based in Moscow, Russia.