Hi, Great job!! This component is beautifoul!!
But... I have a little problem... with the rotation speed.
Every time that I reload the items inside the cloud the speed change..
The rotation speed increases.
Have any idea?
Thanks a lot for your job.
Regarding to SL version: what exactly code you cannot export to SL ?
I used standard libraries so they're the same both SL and WPF. Maybe I missed something ?
You can have some problems with System.Windows.Media.Media3D namespace for older version of SL. I used there RotateTransform3D class to be able to perform rotation math functions. You can make your implementation of this logic or use older version of silverlight.
Thank you for the reply. Actually, I've downloaded and added the Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll and Telerik.Windows.Control.Charting(implemented Point3D and other classes) on http://www.telerik.com/[^] in SL version to overcome the problems with System.Windows.Media.Media3D namespace. However, this.LayoutTransform in ElementsCloudItem still cannot be used. So I commented this line out and then I found it still can work. BTW, I'm using SL5. But, I don't think those problems are solved by new version of SL. Maybe as a newcomer, I havn't learned enough.
I must first appreciate the wonderful work done in developing this amazing user control.
However i see one limitation. There is no ItemsSource property. If i have to add a huge collection i have to either add each item throught XAML or code.
Since I am not much aware how to implement the ItemsSource property, i would be grateful to you if you were able to provide some code to support the ItemsSource property.
Eagerly awaiting your reply.
This is very impressive, I would just like to ask if it can be made a little bit more "sticky". It is so responsive to the mouse position, so users may find it a bit too fast.
Sorry, I've not looked at the code yet so maybe that feature is already there.
Glad that you like it.
But sry guys, by now I have not enough time to improve this control. However, let's say, it's good to feed your brain and I suppose it's simple to understand the code in order to improve the control and make it how u'ld like to see it =)
But I have 3 requests that would make this useful for something I've been thinking about.
1. Instead of following the mouse, is it possible to do some form of drag to rotate the items? I don't want them to rotate unless the user manually rotates them. Also, is there any code that allows for zooming in/out? Maybe some kind of trackbar on the side to zoom in/out on the selected item (see 3).
2. Since I'm not real familiar with WPF yet, is it possible to add adorners to the items to allow them to be linked by a line both by code and by the user?
3. I haven't dug into the code yet, but it would be nice to have a selected items collection and item state. Maybe even allow for items to be in a disabled state.
1. " don't want them to rotate unless the user manually rotates them" - If i understood right, for this option there is RotateTypeProperty where you can set manual rotation (using mouse) or automatic rotation. Also you can stop rotation manually using method ElementsCloud.Stop() or run it using method ElementsCloud.Start().
2. Yeah, thats a good idea. I've already saw such kind of "Tag Cloud". I'll try to realize it later.
3. This user control is just like a kind of menu, but of course it would be not bad to add this feature. Depends of how you want to use the control. But I'll think about it, for now I think it's not so important
Wow, it's cool
No, as i've already said, this user control is like a menu. But to reailze your idea i think better to create new UserControl according to the concept of this control with additional features. Good luck for this. It would be interesting to see such control
If i have time i'll try to make my realization